My second microwave recipe, a simple and delectable Makhani Fish curry dish that can be prepared in minutes with the readily available ingredients in your kitchen. This makhani fish curry is prepared in microwave and is best served with rice /pulao/fried rice, goes well with chapatis and parathas too. I have always prepared this dish on stove top, generally it takes around 20 minutes for the entire cooking process, but in microwave I could complete just in 11 minutes. Generally fresh cream is used to prepare this dish; for a change I tried with milk this time, I'm so glad it came out really well, could also avoid those extra calories of cream :-) If you are new to cooking fish in microwave, I have provided pictorial steps you might find helpful :-)
- 1 lbs. of Tilapia, cut into 1" cubes
- 1/2 cup of yellow onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup of tomato, chopped and pureed
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1" piece of ginger
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, roasted
- 1 tsp red crushed pepper
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves/kasoori methi
- 1 large tbsp of yogurt
- 1 n 1/2 tbsp of tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup of milk
- a bunch of coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp of butter
- Wash the fish thoroughly, cut into 1 " cubes. Keep aside.
- Dry roast the cumin seeds, grind along with ginger and garlic together to make a coarse paste.
- In a microwave oven safe dish, add 2 tbsp of butter, heat for 30 seconds on 100% power.
- Next add the ginger garlic and cumin seeds paste, cook for 2 minutes on 100% power, make sure to stir in between .
- Next add the chopped onions and cook for another 2 minutes on 100% power, you need to stir the onions in between after a minute or so.
- Once the onion turns translucent, add the pureed tomato, tomato ketchup, dried fenugreek leaves, crushed red pepper, mix well, cook for 3 minutes on 100% power, make sure to stir in between.
- Next, add yogurt , fish pieces and salt, as required, mix the fish pieces well with the rest of spices, cook for another 2 minutes on 100% power.
- Add milk and gently stir the fish pieces in the gravy, check for salt and let cook for another minute on 100% power.Be very gentle while stirring, as the fish is more than half cooked now and tends to break.
- Lastly, sprinkle garam masala on top, add the chopped coriander leaves, let sit in the heat inside the microwave for some time.
- Serve hot with rice/pulao/fried rice, goes well with chapatis and parathas too.
TIP: To reduce the fishy smell inside the microwave after cooking, make sure to cover and cook while cooking fish, also keep the microwave oven door open for some time after cooking. This too helps to reduce the fishy smell inside microwave.
Sending recipe for the event Cook with spices- Red chilies hosted by Sumee's Culinary Bites
Sending recipe for the Dish name starts with M in Akila's space
Sending recipe for the event curries/gravies hosted by cuisine delights
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!