I wanted to try a recipe with Crab Leg for quite some time, so last weekend got some Snow Crab Legs. According to WIKI, "the most impressive of the Snow Crab are their legs which has a small circular groove at its base used for protection and helps the crab to snap off it's leg when held by a predator." The Leg meat is sweet, succulent and very flaky. I wanted to keep this recipe very Quick , so tried a very simple Baked recipe with a fabulous Chinese Chili Garlic Sauce I recently purchased from Asian store.The hot flavors from the sauce compliments the sweetness of the crab leg meat extremely well. I prepared a quick and delicious Corn fried rice to along with it.
Preparation time for Crab Leg: 1 hour, including the time to thaw
Cooking time :12 to 13 minutes
Serves : 2 to 3
Preparation time for Corn Fried Rice : 7 to 10 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Serves : 3
Ingredients for Baked Crab Leg :
- 0.7 lbs. of snow crab legs
- 1/2 cup of Chinese chili garlic sauce
- 1 n 1/2 tbsp oil
- If you are using Frozen legs, it's very necessary to Thaw it first. Generally I use luke warm water, thaw the legs for half an hour to 45 minutes.
- Break the crab legs apart near the joint allowing the marination to seep in the crab meat. It's very simple , the crab legs easily break apart near the joints, use your hands to do the same .
- In a big bowl add 1/2 a cup of the chili garlic sauce, marinade the crab leg pieces , keep aside for 10 minutes.
- In the mean time, set the oven temp to 325 deg F., arrange the crab leg on a oven safe baking tray, drizzle a tbsp n half of oil on top, bake for 12 to 13 minutes.
Ingredients for Corn Fried Rice:
- Rinse the rice well with water, drain and keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker heat a tbsp of butter, add the cardamom and cloves to it, once fragrant, add the corn with the onion and garlic powder and let cook for 2 minutes by constant stirring.
- Add another tbsp of butter before adding the rice, fry the rice for a minute or so by constant stirring till it starts to change color.
- Add double the water as rice, add salt , cover and wait for 3 to 4 whistles. Let it stand for 3 to 4 minutes before you remove the cover.
- Serve this wonderful meal of Corn Fried rice with the Crab legs and Raita /can serve any other side dish of your choice.
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!