Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 8 to 10 minutes for deep frying,
10 to 14 minutes for broiling
Serves : 2 to 3
- 12 medium sized prawns
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp gram flour/ besan
- 1 tsp all purpose flour
- 1tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp oil, used for marination
- Oil, for deep fry
- 1 tsp chat masala
- Peel and devein the prawns, wash thoroughly and pat dry.
- In a bowl, marinade the prawns with ginger garlic paste, 1/2 tbsp kashmiri red chili powder, coriander powder, 1 tbsp lemon juice, salt, keep marinated for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once marinated, squeeze out the extra moisture, add all purpose flour, gram flour/besan, another 1/2 tbsp kashmiri chili powder, rest 1/2 of the lemon juice, yogurt with 1 tsp of oil. Mix all the spices with the marinated prawns.
- Prepare oil for deep frying, make sure to maintain the temperature at medium high, else the outside of the prawns will get cooked faster ,while the inside will remain uncooked and raw. Add one prawn initially in the hot oil to check if it is sufficiently hot.
- Next add the marinated prawns in the hot oil in batches, fry till they turn a rich golden brown color on both the sides.
- If you want to avoid deep frying, arrange the marinated prawns on an aluminium foil in a baking tray, drizzle a little oil on the prawns, BROIL on HIGH, 5 to 7 minutes on both sides or until they turn a light golden brown color on both sides.
- Sprinkle chat masala on top, serve with green chutney or ketchup.
Sending Recipe for the event Hot & Spicy Treats hosted by Food Corner
also sending for event Bon Vivant Moments hosted by Sumee's Culinary Bites
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!