This is my first microwave recipe and probably the first and BEST EVER CRISPY & CRUNCHY FISH FRY recipe I have ever tried or should I say this is the best alternative to deep fried fish, cooked in just 2 tbsp of oil. Initially I planned just for a Fish Fry recipe, but with some settings changed in the microwave, it turned crispy and crunchy :-) I thought my experiment failed completely this time , but when I tasted the fry, it was so crispy and crunchy ,tasted just like deep fried fish ,the taste was also awesome :-) In this recipe I have used a whole pomfret a little over 1 lbs.;depending on the size and number of the fish ,the cooking time and power level will change.
- 1.1 lbs. whole pomfret
- 1 green chili, with very little heat, mostly used for flavors. Can use 1 tsp red chili powder instead if you want more heat.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1, 1" piece of ginger
- juice of one and half lemon
- 1 tbsp Badshah Fish Masala/ 1 tbsp garam masala
- Salt, as required
- 2 tbsp oil
- Cut and clean the fish thoroughly. Make 2 slits of 1" ,on both the sides of the fish so that the fish gets marinated well.
- Marinade fish with salt and lemon juice, keep aside.
- Next, add garlic , ginger and green chili in the mixer and make a smooth paste.
- In a bowl add this spice mix with 1 tbsp of Badshah fish masala with 1 tbsp of oil, mix well.
- Apply the marinade on both the sides of the fish, keep marinated for 2 hours.
- Before frying, add a tbsp of oil in a microwave safe baking dish, spread well, put the fish inside and cover the dish with wax paper . (TIP : Make sure to maintain at least an inch gap , the wax paper should not touch the fish . Do not seal tight, keep one end free.)
- Next are the exact steps that I followed. First set the power level to 8 and microwave fish for 6 minutes .Change the power level to 10 and microwave for another 5 minutes.
- Turn the fish and microwave for another 7 minutes at power level 10. Let cool for a couple of minutes before serving.
- A crispy fish fry is ready to be served. You can enjoy the fish fry with rice and any other curry of your choice.
I got this pic when we were half way through munching on the fish :-):-):-)
Now coming to the award. Maha of Mahas Lovely Home has passed on this beautiful award to me. So sweet of you Maha for remembering me.
Now is my turn to pass on the award to my Blogger friends. Please pass the awards to your friends in order to keep the ball rolling.....
Angie of Angie's Recipes
Faseela of Good Food Ends with Good Talk
Chandrani of Cuisine Delights
Rathai of Rathai's Recipes
Amina of Amina Creations
Vineetha of Ruchi...Taste of my Kitchen
Julie of Erivum Puliyumm
Urmi of Khana Masala
Deepa of Hamaree Rasoi
Sending recipe for the event Bon vivant moments -savory items hosted by Sumee's Culinary Bites
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!