I wanted to try a FISH DESSERT recipe for quite some time , and finally I'm so glad I could pull through this. I was a bit skeptical initially but it came out so soft and spongy ,I'm extremely happy with this new venture of mine. It was so delicate ,as I tried to get it off the pan, I could hardly hold the structure of the pudding :-( Be very careful !!! It can be served hot with vegetables and mashed potatoes , as a part of a meal ;or cold as part of sandwich. You can even drizzle a little butter on top and enjoy this dish !!! I prepared a spicy cauliflower and peas stir fry to go along with it, enjoyed as evening snack . I had a little leftover from yesterday, tried it cold with guess what ! HONEY!!! It tastes awesome :-)
Preparation time : 40 to 45 minutes
Preparation time : 40 to 45 minutes
Cooking time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 2 lbs. of Flounder, cut into 1" pieces ( can use any other white fleshed fish of your choice like haddock, cod)
- 1/2 cup, chopped yellow onion
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly grated coconut
- a handful of chopped coriander
- 1 n 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp of dry bread crumbs
- Wash thoroughly and cut the fillet into 1" pieces. In a deep bottomed pan, add 1 n 1/2 to 2 cups of water with salt, pepper and half the juice of lemon. Add the fish pieces to it , cover and let boil until it absorbs all the water. Keep aside and let cool.
- In a pan add a tbsp of butter, add the chopped onion and Jalapeno pepper, fry until the onion turns translucent. Do not brown the onions. Keep aside and let cool.
- In a mixer grinder, add the fish pieces , onion and jalapeno fry, grated coconut , a handful of chopped coriander ,rest of the lemon juice and grind to a smooth paste.
- Remove the fish dough in a pan ,add the egg whites, blend on medium high until the fish dough becomes soft and fluffy.
- Lastly add heavy cream , and blend on low for not more than a minute.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the meantime , boil water in a pan to be used later for baking pudding.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9" loaf pan heavily with butter. Sprinkle the bread crumbs tipping the pan to evenly distribute the crumbs. Also grease a aluminium foil big enough to cover the loaf pan.
- Pour the mixture in the loaf pan, bang the pan gently on the counter for a couple of times to remove any air bubbles.
- Seal the loaf pan with the greased foil, place the pan in a deep baking tray , add boiling water way up till it covers 3/4 of the sides of the loaf pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a tester inserted inside comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes, pour off any extra liquid. Run a knife around the edges, hold a serving platter on top of the pan and quickly invert so that the pudding comes out smoothly. Be very careful while removing the pudding on the platter :-)
- Serve hot with vegetables and mashed potato as part of meal, can also serve cold with sandwich.
Now coming to the Awards .
Divya of Divya's culinary journey has passed on these beautiful awards to me.
and Princy of Spicy Food has passed on the Versatile Blogger Award.
Thank you so so much Divya and Princy for remembering me. Now is my turn to pass on the awards to my bloggers friends. Please pass on the awards to keep the ball rolling ......
- Ramya of Ramya's Recipe
- Balvinder of Gluten Free Food
- Sangeeta of Spicy Treats
- Anne of Made in Hong Kong
- Arthi of YUMMY TUMMY
- Suja of Kitchen Corner
- Manju of Manju's Eating Delights..
- Paty of PATY'S KITCHEN
- Achu's Amma's Kitchen
Sending Recipe for event Bon vivant moments-savory items hosted by Sumee's culinary bites
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!