Hello Friends, in continuation to my previous post where I had left you guessing what my daughter was eating ; she was having this Coconut-Coriander Fish fry, one more simple and savory Fish recipe from my kitchen .
My dear friend Akeela from Torviewtoronto was the first to guess it right. Congrats , dear.
Preparation time : 45 minutes
Cooking time : 7 to 8 minutes
Serves : 5
- 1 lb. of King Fish, cut into medium sized fillets
- 3/4 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 green chilies, with very little heat, mostly used for flavor
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup curd
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, as required
- Wash and cut the fish in medium sized fillets. Marinade with juice of a lemon and salt, as required, for 40 to 45 minutes. Keep aside.
- In the mean time, add the grated coconut, chopped coriander, cumin sees, garlic and chilies in a mixer grinder with 2 tbsp of water and make a fine paste.
- In a bowl, add 1/2 cup of curd with a pinch of salt.
- After marinating the fish , make sure to remove the extra juice from the plate. Rub the fish fillets with curd, cover one side of the fillet with the coconut-coriander paste.
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a wide bottomed pan, add the fish fillets with the covered side down, next cover the other side of the fillets with the coconut-coriander paste.
- Pan fry for not more than 3 to 4 minutes on each side on medium heat or until it turns a golden brown color on both the sides.
- Garnish with grated coconut and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Rice and curry of your choice.
Now coming to the awards. Kajal of Purple Chronicle has passed on the "Versatile Blogger" award and Ramya of My little cake factory has passed on the "Liebster Blog" award. Thanks Kajal and Ramya for the kind gesture.
Now is my turn to pass on the awards to few of my blogger friends . Please accept the awards and pass on to your friends to keep the ball rolling .....
Nisa Homey of Cooking is Easy
Poonam of Kande Pohe
Sobha of Good Food
Priya of Now serving...
Rinku of Rinku's Kitchen Treats
Maha of Mahas Lovely Home
Sending my recipe for the event Dish for Loved Ones hosted by Sravani
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!