Preparation time :25 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4 to 5
- 1/2 lb. of any white fleshed fish (skinned and cut into 2" cubes)
- 2 n 1/2 cups of roughly chopped vegetables of your choice ( I have used carrot, french beans, flat beans)
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup chick peas, soaked overnight ( can use the canned ones instead)
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1, 1" piece of ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 10 to 12 curry leaves
- 2 dry red chilies
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, as required
- Clean and cut the fish as mentioned above. Marinade the fish pieces with a pinch of salt and turmeric. Pan fry to a light golden brown on both the sides, keep aside.
- Coarsely chop the veggies to be used, keep aside. Add the chickpeas, grated coconut and ginger in a blender or processor and coarsely grind them .
- Next, in a wide bottomed pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil, add the mustard seeds, once it starts to sputter, add the red chilies and curry leaves, next add the onion and fry till translucent.
- Next add the chickpea-coconut-ginger paste with turmeric powder , pepper powder and garam masala powder , fry till the raw smell of the spices vanish. Next add the chopped veggies and salt , mix well with the spices and cook covered for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Lastly add the fish pieces and let cook covered for another 2 to 3 minutes. Break the fish pieces lightly, should not get scrambled too much.
- Serve with Chapatis/Paratha.
Sending Recipe for the event Winter Vegetables hosted by Indrani
Sending Recipe for the seeds event : Chickpeas hosted by Sukanya
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!