Last month when I visited my aunt's place , she made this wonderful Fish fry with mustard and onion paste. I liked it so much I tried it out back home and everybody loved it including my parents. In Bengali, this fish is called Rangi Ruli. Unfortunately could not figure out the english name :-( , but this is a Oily fish like Salmon, Herring, Trout or Sardines. Can use any one of them as a substitute.
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Serves : 7 to 8
- 1 lb. Rangi Ruli ( can substitute with any Oily fish like Salmon, Trout, Herring , Sardines)
- 2 tbsp Black mustard seeds powder
- 3 green chilies ( adjust heat according to your taste)
- 1 large onion
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt, as required
- Oil as required, for pan fry
- Cut and wash the fish thoroughly. Make a paste of the onion and green chilies. To the paste, add the black mustard powder, turmeric powder, salt with a tbsp of water, mix well.
- Next marinade the Fish with this paste for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wide bottomed non stick skillet, fry the fish well on both sides or until they turn light golden brown on both sides.
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!