This is one quick and easy stir fry recipe with cucumber and shrimp which I prepared last night for dinner. My daughter is so fond of seafood , I have to keep at least one meal a day with fish or a combo of the same. So I keep on experimenting new combinations , this time I made an attempt with cucumber and everybody liked it :-)
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 to 20 minutes
Serves : 5
- 3 large cucumber,peeled and cut into small cubes
- 10 to 12 medium sized shrimps
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 green chili, slit lengthwise
- 1/2 tsp veg masala powder (optional)
- Salt, as required
- Oil, as required
- Deshell the shrimp, keep marinated with a pinch of salt and turmeric for 10 minutes. Pan fry and keep aside.
- In a wide bottomed non stick skillet, heat a tbsp of oil, add the cumin seeds, once it starts to sputter add the ginger paste and fry for a minute or so.
- Next add onion and chili and fry till translucent, then add turmeric, coriander powder and veg masala powder and fry for 2 minutes or until the raw smell vanishes.
- Next add cucumber and salt, mix well with the spices, cook covered for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Lastly add the fried shrimp, cook for another minute or until all the flavors blend well.
Now coming to the award. I'm really happy to receive this beautiful Inspirational Award from Pratibha of COOK-EZEE. Thank you so much Pratibha for remembering me and passing on this award to me.
The inspirational blogger award has got a very lovely thought of answering 8 questions regarding you as a person along with this sweet award. My answers are marked in red and bold under each questions.
1.What makes you laugh,smile or giggle?
The one who makes me laugh the most is my daughter. She's going to turn 4 next month and I already find it very difficult to answer to all her queries. I remember of an incident last month, when both of us went shopping and we happened to come across her school teacher, I was surprised when she refused to talk to her. Later on asking her about the incident , she told me " Why should I talk to my CLASS teacher ÖUTSIDE THE CLASS, I should only speak to her INSIDE THE CLASS" :-)
2.What are your dreams for your future?
I had a few dreams since childhood, some got fulfilled and some not.Now I want to support my daughter to fulfill all her future dreams.
3.If you are going to a cruise,where would it be and why?
I would love to go on a cruise to Hawaii and explore some of the best and prettiest islands to be found anywhere in the world.
4.How would you spend your vacation and with whom?
My next vacation would definitely be the Hawaii islands I would love to spend with my family.
5.If given a life,what life would you choose ? Your life now or your past?
I do not believe in life as such past, present, future.There had been times when things get out of balance and I know I have to make a difficult decision in my life; I make that choice and move on. That is something that makes me happy and content at the end of the day and so as my family.
6.Is there something that you wished before when you were young but you didn't get it?
Yes, after all you cannot fulfill ALL your dreams, but I don't regret about it :-)
7.Have you been in a situation where you might have given up but you still choose to move on?
Yes, I believe Good/Bad always is a part of life. I have learnt more from my mistakes than from my successes. The more mistakes you make and learn from ,the more wiser you become.
8. Is there someone in your life who has been your source of strength and inspiration?
My parents, siblings and husband is my strength and always have been supportive.
Now let me pass it on to my fellow bloggers who have always inspired me with their great innovative recipes, wonderful pictures and inspiring comments on my posts :)
Angie of Angie's Recipes
Faseela of Good Food Ends with Good Talk
Ashmita of My Cookbook
Chandrani of Cuisine Delights
Rathai of Rathai's Recipes
Amina of Amina Creations
Vineetha of Ruchi...Taste of my Kitchen
Julie of Erivum Puliyumm
Urmi of Khana Masala
Sending this recipe to the event Veggie fruit of the month : Cucumber hosted by Priyanka of Ambrosia
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!