A Merry Christmas to you and your Family !
One more prawn recipe to go, this time with small Prawns. The other day I came across a nice article regarding the health benefits of eating Prawns .
Sharing some of the important points :
- Prawns are a good source of Protein which when helps in proper growth and development of body.
- Presence of minerals in prawns, such as calcium help to maintain healthy teeth and bones.
- High content of Vitamin B12 and low cholesterol content in prawns contributes to the betterment of cardiovascular health of a person.
- Contains Omega 3 which when helps in prevention and reduction of the Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
- Prawns are also rich in Selenium, which is believed to prevent the growth of Cancer cells in the body.
- Calorie content is low in Prawns than in meat and beef.
Preparation time : 25 minutes
Cooking time : 25 to 30 minutes
Serves : 7 to 8
Ingredients for Kofta balls :
- 1 lb small prawns
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 2 cups chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 green chilies , chopped finely ( adjust heat level according to your taste)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp fish masala powder
- 4 tbsp corn flour/besan
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves (optional )
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Oil, for deep fry
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 large potato, diced into medium sized cubes
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1, 1"cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Salt , to taste
- Ghee/Oil, as required
- Shell and wash the prawns, boil for 2 to 3 minutes, grind or pass them through a mincer to make a smooth paste. To it add the rest of the ingredients as mentioned above (except the last 2), mix well and keep aside.
- Form into small balls or koftas, roll on the bread crumbs. In the meantime, heat oil in a pan and deep fry the kofta balls, not too much at a time. Keep aside.
- For preparing the curry, fry the potato cubes to a light golden brown color, keep aside. Heat ghee/oil in a pan, add the bay leaf, cinnamon and cardamon and saute till fragrant, next add the ginger paste and fry for a minute or so. Next add onion and fry till translucent.
- To it add the tomato puree, tomato ketchup, turmeric and cumin powder and fry for another 2 to 3 minutes or until it starts to leave oil on the sides.
- Add in water , fried potatoes and salt, let cook covered till the potato gets fully cooked and you get the desired consistency. Add the kofta balls a minute or two before removing from the heat.
- Serve hot with Rice/Paratha/Chapati.
Sending this for Food of the month contest by Food Corner
also sending for event Christmas Delicacy in Julie's Blog
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!