Fish Roe/Egg is a delicacy in Bengali cuisine and is one of my favorites from childhood. So this time when I visited my parent's place, my father got some Fish egg separately from the market. Every monsoon this is available in plenty and can be cooked as cutlets or in gravy. The cutlets made here is from Katla . They can be prepared in minutes , serve them as lip smacking delicacies in appetizers or in spicy gravy or just as a snack with a hot cup of tea.
Cooking time : 5 to 7 minutes
Serves : 4
- Fish Egg
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp gram flour/besan
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Salt, as required
- Oil, as required, to pan fry
- In a bowl, add the Fish roe/ egg, chopped onion, green chilies, turmeric powder, cumin powder , gram flour and salt, mix well.
- Take a handful of the mixture and make a ball. Now very gently flatten into a 2" patty.
- Heat oil in a non stick skillet over medium heat. Slip in the cutlets, not too many at a time and pan fry on both sides till golden brown.
Sending this recipe for the following event Snacks Mela in Cooking 4 All Seasons
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!