an Editor's Choice Award from Be@Home ...........
This is a wonderful side dish of Bottle Gourd (Lauki) with Fish head to go with Rice/Chapati. Generally I prepare this recipe with cabbage, but finally ended up using Bottle gourd plucked from my very own garden :-). Using fish head is optional, try using small prawns instead or prepare it simply without using Fish head /Prawns.
- 1 n 1/2 lbs of Bottle Gourd, finely chopped using vegetable grater
- 1 Fish head, preferably Rohu, cut into half
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- Salt, as required
- Oil, as required
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Marinade the Fish head with salt and a pinch of turmeric , keep aside. In the mean time chop the Bottle Gourd into thin/fine horizontal slits breadth wise using a vegetable grater. Finely chop the onion.
- In a shallow non stick skillet, fry the Fish head to a light golden brown color on both sides, keep aside.
- Next , heat a tbsp of oil, add the cumin seeds, Next add the chopped onion and the fish head and fry well for 2 to 3 minutes. Make sure to break the Fish head into pieces while frying.
- Next add the chopped Bottle gourd, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and let cook covered on low heat until it is fully cooked. Add the chopped coriander leaves, mix well and remove from the heat.
- Enjoy this side dish with Rice/ Chapati.
I'm also happy to receive an Editor's Choice Award from Lewis Leong, the Editor of Be@Home site ,which is part of Become.com’s blogging network. I'm so so honored to receive this reward from you Lewis and thanks a lot for this kind gesture.
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!