This is my mom's recipe which she is making for years. It is incredibly easy to make, yet so flavorful that we enjoyed it just as kids . While I was re-creating the dish , I cultivated my own ways of making the same and added some ingredients of mine :-). It came out really well ! I would have never thought of trying it with garlic bread until I saw my daughter enjoying the stew with it ( yah...garlic bread is one of her favorite snack) .
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 12 to 15 minutes
Serves : 4
- 1 lb. flounder fish , cut into 1" cubes
- 1 cup mixed vegetable ( I have used corn kernels, green beans, soya beans , green peas ,potato , diced into small cubes)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- one Thyme stem
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Oil /Butter
- Wash and cut the fish into 1" cubes, Also wash and chop the veggies , keep aside.
- In a non stick skillet, heat 1 tbsp Oil/ butter, add the cumin and fennel seeds, when it starts to sputter, add the minced garlic and chopped onions and fry till translucent.
- Next add the chopped tomato and tomato puree with coriander powder and fry till the raw smell of spices vanish.
- Next add the veggies , thyme , pepper and salt with 2 cups of vegetable stock , cover and cook until the veggies become soft and tender.
- At last add the fish pieces and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or until all the flavors blend in. Take out the thyme stem before serving.
- Serve hot with Rice or chapati/paratha. My daughter enjoyed the stew with Garlic brad
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!