I have been making this mango salsa recipe for quite a while and I cannot get just enough of it. This refreshing salsa recipe is just perfect for summer . Try this with Tortilla chips or in a wrap of lettuce leaves to form a burrito or have it as it is :-) I thought of doing a little experiment with fish and believe me you are going to love this combo of fish and salsa . Do give it try sometimes !
I have shallow fried the fish in this recipe as my daughter likes it that way. You may keep it raw to bake with the salsa.
Cooking time : 15 to 25 minutes
Serves : 4
- 2 Tilapia Fish fillet( you can use any white fleshed fish of your choice )
- Salt and pepper to marinade
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (If frying the fish )
- 2 tbsp Oil
Ingredients for salsa :
- 2 cups raw mango, diced into cubes
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato (plum, cherry or regular ones)
- 1/4 cup corn kernel
- 1/4 cup Grilled Red Bell peppers, chopped ( I have used Grilled Peppers as it adds in more flavor)
- 2 tbsp Red Chili Pepper, chopped ( adjust heat according to your taste)
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp ginger , minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped Cilantro, to garnish
- Marinade the fish with Salt and pepper and a pinch of turmeric, keep aside. Shallow fry the fish after 10 minutes of marination. Do not use turmeric if baking the fish raw.
- Prepare the Salsa by chopping all the veggies as mentioned above. Mix together in a bowl , let the juices mix together for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pour half the salsa on a oven safe baking dish, place the fish fillet, then pour the rest of the Salsa on top.
- Bake in 350 deg. oven for 15 minutes. If you are using raw fish , bake for 20 to 25 minutes for the all the flavors to blend in. Take out of the oven and let cool. Garnish with chopped Cilantro.
- You can serve it just as a snack or serve it with Rice and any curry of your choice. We enjoyed the Fish salsa with these cute little Spicy Cheez it biscuits.
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!