The red masala used in this recipe is my adapted version of the well known red masala used extensively in non veg Goan cuisines. I love to use this masala in my non veg curry recipes, today I thought of trying something new with fish fry.
Preparation time : 15 -20 minutes
Cooing time : 10 minutes
Serves : 3-4
- 2 medium sized pomfret
- 2 tbsp coconut oil , needed for each fish ( can use any oil of your choice)
Ingredients for stuffing ( red masala)
- 6 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 and1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 3 cloves
- 10 black peppercorns
- 3/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 9 large cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1-inch slice of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 inch piece of cinnamon
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp shredded coconut
- Salt, to taste
- Cut the fish near its stomach area and clean the inside portion very thoroughly.
- Make slits with a knife on both the sides of the fish , every 1 " interval .Slits are needed for better stuffing the fish.
- Now prepare the red masala by blending all the ingredients for stuffing , keep aside.
- Fill this stuffing inside the cavity of the fish and also in every slit on both the sides of the fish.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a non stick pan on high , reduce the heat to medium high before sliding in the fish, pan fry the fish for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until it turns a golden brown color on both the sides. Cooking on medium high helps the fish get cooked evenly from outside and inside both at the same time.
- Decorate and serve as appetizer or eat with rice and dal or any curry of your choice.
I'm sending this recipe to Food Pallet Series - Brown at Torview Toronto
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!