This dish has 3 combinations :
- Rice with Tomato sauce ( I have used my own home made sauce)
- Oat crusted Fish fry
- Mixed veggies ( I have added Spinach, Corn and Carrots , you can add any veggies of your choice )
1) Rice with Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp oregano powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Water, as required
- Rinse rice and pressure cook , make sure it should not become too mushy, add the tomato sauce and mix well. Keep aside and let cool.
- To prepare the tomato sauce, add tomato puree with 1/2 cup of water in a pan , once it starts to boil, add a tsp of honey , oregano powder with salt and pepper , cook by constantly stirring till the sauce thickens.
- Add the sauce with rice, mix well. Keep aside.
2) Oat crusted Fish Fry
- 2 Tilapia fillets
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup regular oat
- 2 tbsp oil
- Marinade the fish fillets with salt and lemon juice , keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Season oat with a tsp of pepper, Coat the fillets with oat .
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non stick skillet on medium high heat , fry the fillets one at a time about 2 minutes on each side or until it turns golden brown on both the sides .
3) Mixed Veggies
- 2 cup spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup carrot, cut into round slices
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a non stick skillet, add the garlic add the veggies and sautee till the spinach leaves soften.
Now preparing the Casserole :
- In a greased Baking dish, place a layer of half the tomato rice at the bottom.
- Top with fish and veggies .
- Cover with remaining rice and top with shredded Cheddar cheese .
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Garnish and serve.
I'm sending this recipe to Oats Recipe Event
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!