This is a wonderful Grilled Fish recipe with lotz of coriander and lemon flavors going in . I was dying to use my Grill for a long long time, and ultimately thought of using it today ,but it was almost impossible because of the weather condition outside :-(. So I thought of using my oven instead to Broil the fish :-)
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 12- 15 minutes
Serves : 4
- 1 lb. King Fish , cut into 2 " pieces ( you can use any fish of your choice )
- 2 cups coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 green chilies, slit
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic Paste
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 10 whole black pepper
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Wash and cut the fish pieces thoroughly, Pat dry. Sprinkle salt and keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Set oven temp to Broil and preheat.
- Dry roast the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds , fennel seeds and pepper individually . Add the roasted seeds all together in a blender with coriander leaves, 1/2 cup lemon juice, ginger and garlic paste and blend well to a fine paste.
- Heat a tbsp oil in a non stick skillet, fry onions till they turn translucent, next add the tomato puree and garam masala powder and fry for another minute or so.
- Next add the green masala and fry well till the raw smell of the paste vanishes. Keep aside and let cool.
- Coat one side of the fish pieces with this mixture , drizzle a tbsp of oil and broil for 7 to 8 minutes in a oven safe baking tray. Next coat the other side of the fish pieces with the green paste and broil for another 3 to 4 minutes. Take out of the oven ad let cool.
- Serve it with Rice or any curry of your choice or serve it as Appetizer.
I'm sending this Recipe for the following events
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!