Reposting two previous recipes for ongoing events
The green masala used in this recipe is a adapted version of the green masala used extensively in non veg Goan dishes.
Preparation Time : 45 minutes
Cooking time : 25 minutes
Serves : 4 -5
- 1 lb. King Fish, cut into 2" pieces
Ingredients for marination (green masala ) :
- 1 bunch of mint leaves
- 1.5 bunch coriander leaves
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 cup tamarind pulp
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp cinnamom pwd
- 1/4 tsp cardamom pwd
- 1/4 tsp turmeric pwd
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 4 green chilies, slit lengthwise
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp oil
- Wash the fish thoroughly and cut into 2" pieces.
- In a blender, add all the ingredients for marination , except for oil, with 2 tbsp water and blend it to a medium consistency paste (green masala), the paste should not be too thick nor too watery.
- In a bowl, slide in the fish and mix well with the green masala paste and 1 tbsp oil . Keep marinated for 45 minutes in a refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. F . Arrange the fish pieces on a flat oven safe baking tray , cook for 15 minutes on one side; turn on the other side and cook for another 10 minutes. Keep the leftover marination aside.
- In the meantime, heat a non stick skillet and cook the leftover marination ,until it has a thicker consistency. You need not use extra oil as the marination already had some oil. This is a great sauce for the baked fish.
- Place the fish pieces on a plate , top it with the sauce .
- Enjoy this dish with Paratha or Rice with any curry of your choice .
Sending Recipe for event Herbs and Flowers in my Platter
Also sending for event Dish name starting with : G
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!