Check out for Today's Recipe and more awards :-)
My hubby and my daughter , including myself have exactly opposite tastes. While my hubby prefers chicken dishes over fish my daughter and myself :-) prefer fish. So I thought of coming up with a dish that can please everybody's palate. We all love Chinese , so todays recipe is a Chinese dish with diced Chicken and Shrimp combined with veggies in a spicy and tangy curry.
Preparation time : 40 minutes (including marination time)
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Serves : 3
- 10 medium sized prawns
- 1 cup chicken, diced into 2" cubes
- 1 cup celery, diced into 1 " cubes
- 1/2 cup carrot , diced into 1/2 " cubes
- 2 water chestnut , diced into small pieces
- 4-5 baby corn, cut into half
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- vegetables as mentioned above.
- Marinade the prawns and chicken pieces with a tbsp of all purpose flour, 1 egg , 1/2 tsp pepper and salt to taste. Keep marinated for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non stick skillet, add the chicken and prawn pieces and shallow fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil, add the minced garlic and rest of the vegetable and sautee for a minute or so, next add the dark soy sauce, tomato ketchup and hot sauce with a cup of water , cover and let cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Next add the prawn and chicken pieces and let cook for a minute or so or until the chicken and prawns are cooked thoroughly and all the flavors blend in well. Add salt, as required .
- Serve hot with rice.
Now coming to Awards....Yippee !!!!!!! I'm so excited
I got this award from Akila for participating in one of her events Dish name starting with F . So sweet of you Akila and Thanks a ton. It surely means a lot to me :-)
I also received "One Lovely Blog " Award from Vimitha of My Culinary Trial Room
Now coming to the rules ......
1.Accept the award. Blog about it with the name of the blogger who has given u this award with a link to his/her blog.
2.Pass it on to 15 other blogger friends.... to take it forward.
3.Let the nominated blogger know about their award
So here I am passing this award to some of my dear friends and fellow bloggers. I'm extremely sorry as I have a limit of picking just 15 blogger friends.
I am passing this award to :
- Sameena of My Culinary Creations
- Pushpa of Taste as you Cook
- Flavours from Oriya Kitchen
- Kairali sisters of Pazham Pappadam Payasam
- Malli of Malli's Mint and Mimosas
- Babli of Khana Masala
- Sushma of Authentic Food Delights
- Shirley of Enriching your kid
- Ambreen of Simply Sweet 'n Savory
- Duxa of Cozinhadaduxa
- Jay of Tasty Appetite
- Sravani of Srav's Culinary Concept
- Rumana of Spice ur Senses
- Jean of Noms I Must
- Deepa of Hamaree Rasoi
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!