We had this wonderful dish " Achari Prawn Pulao" in a restaurant last month. My hubby loved it so much I thought of trying this out at home . I had recently made a green chili pickle following one of Shobha 's recipes on "green chili pickle" . It came out really well. My hubby liked it even better this time :-)
Preparation time : 3o minutes (including marination time )
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4 to 5
Ingredients for achari marinade:
- 20 medium sized prawns
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp green chili pickle
- 1/2 cup onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 and 1/2 tsp shaan Tandoori mix ( for color)
- 3/4 cup curd
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt, to taste
Ingredients for rice :
- 1 and 1/2 cup uncooked long grained rice (Basmati)
- 1, 1 " cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds (Shahi jeera)
- 3 cardamom
- 3 tbsp oil
- Wash, shell and devein the prawns. Pat dry. Keep aside.
- Dry roast the mustard , fennel, cumin and fenugreek seeds separately and blend them together to a fine powder.
- Puree the green chili pickle and mix well with curd . In a bowl, marinade the prawns with this paste and rest of the marinade mix and keep marinated for a minimum of 30 minutes .
- In the mean time, pressure cook the rice , make sure that each grain of rice separates easily. Keep aside and cool.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large non stick skillet , add the chopped onions and marinated prawns (keep the gravy aside) and fry them together till you get a golden brown color.
- Next add the marinated gravy and let cook till it gets dry. Keep aside.
- In the same pan , heat 1 tbsp oil, add the cardamom, cinnamon and cloves and fry , once it starts to sputter, add the rice, achari prawns with gravy and toss gently for a few minutes. Add salt if required.
- Serve hot with any curry of your choice.
I'm sending this Recipe for the event
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!