Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4 -5
- 1 lb. cat fish ,cut into 2 " pieces
- 2 cups of tamarind juice
- 2 cup, chopped onion
- 1 cup, chopped tomato
- 2 tbsp red chili powder
- 4 green chilies
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- curry leaves : 4 to 5
- 3 tsp oil
- Salt, as required
- sugar, 1/4 tsp
- Cut and clean the fish thoroughly, cut into 2" pieces
- Add the chili powder in tamarind juice, add salt, 1 tsp turmeric add green chilies, mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat 3 tsp oil in a non stick skillet. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds in the oil. When it starts to sputter, add the fenugreek seeds ; once you get a sweet and sour flavor and the seeds turn golden brown, add curry leaves and onion. Add a pinch of salt so that the onion gets cooked quickly. When onion turns golden brown, add tomato and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder, cook for a minute.
- Add the mixture of tamarind juice,leave it for a couple of minutes till the sauce is well cooked.(You should not get any smell of tamarind once properly cooked).Add a pinch of sugar while the sauce is simmering.
- Add fish at the end, cook for another 10 minutes in medium flame.
- Serve hot with rice.
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!