Preparation Time : 15 mins
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
Yields : 8 - 10
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 16 slices white bread , crust removed
- 1 medium sized potato, boiled
- 1 medium sized yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 green chillies , chopped
- 1 tbsp. ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup Besan (Gram Flour)
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp. coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Water for batter
- Oil for deep frying
- Put the shrimp, onions, cilantro, ginger and salt in a food processor and finely chop all the ingredients. Do not puree. In a bowl , mash the potato and add this mixture with garam masala powder, coriander powder and lemon juice. Mix well.
- In a bowl add Besan , pepper powder, a pinch of salt and mix all the ingredients together. Now by pouring little water at a time make a smooth batter (neither too thick nor too lose)
- Spread equal amounts of the shrimp mixture onto 8 slices of the bread. Top with the remaining slices of the bread. Press together gently but firmly.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Dip bread pieces in the batter and fry till crisp on medium flame.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!