Spicy Fried Prawns, prepared with ingredients readily available in your kitchen,cherished as a part of meal ,star appetizer of your party.
Preparation time : 2 hours (including marination time )
Cooking time : 10 - 15 minutes
Serves : 4 -5
- Prawns 20 (medium size- shelled and deveined)
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 green chilies
- 7-8 curry leaves
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Oil, as required
Ingredients for Marination :
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 tsp Ginger and Garlic paste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Garam masala powder (Optional) (3 cloves, 1 inch cinnamon and 1 Cardamom)
- Salt, as required
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients for marination, mix well. Slide in the prawns and keep marinated for a minimum of 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Slice onion and green chillies lengthwise .
- Heat oil in a wide non stick skillet, add onions , green chillies and curry leaves and saute the onions until soft and translucent.( Add a pinch of salt while frying onions, this helps the onion to leave water and soften quickly.)
- Next add the prawns, spread out evenly on the skillet, do not overcrowd.
- Once they are nice and brown on one side, flip and cook the other side till it changes color. Add salt, if needed.
- Add the spice powder, if needed, to add in more flavors to this dish.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!