Cooking time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4
- 2 medium fish fillet, preferably pomfret, cut into half ( Can use any fish of your choice)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp white mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp white poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp panch foron
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 green chillies, slit
- 2 tbsp white onion, chopped
- Salt to taste
- mustard oil, as required. ( If you don't want to use mustard oil use vegetable oil instead).
- Clean and cut fish into half. Rub salt and turmeric into them and keep aside .
- Grind mustard seeds and poppy seeds with water to a fine paste.
- In a pan, heat oil . Slide in the fish and fry well. Keep them aside.
- In the remaining oil, add panch foron , 2 slit green chillies and onion and fry for 2 minutes. Add 1 tsp turmeric powder, red chili powder and 2-3 tbsp of water. Add this mixture in the pan and keep stirring till dry.
- Now add the mustard and poppy seed mixture and keep stirring till dry. Add water and let it simmer in a low flame.
- Now add fish, cover and cook till fish is done.
- Serve hot with rice.
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!