Recipe submitted by Sapna Nayak
Preparation time : 2 hours
( including marination time)
Cooking time : 5 -7 minutes
Serves : 4 -5
- Prawns 20 ( medium sized and deveined)
- Rava (Sooji/Semolina) or Coarse rice powder, as required
- 1 tbsp Oil, for shallow fry
Ingredients for marination :
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp tamarind paste
- 2 garlic cloves , made into fine paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt, as required
- In a bowl , add all the ingredients for marination , mix well. Slide in the prawns and keep marinated for a minimum of 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Before frying, coat the prawns thoroughly with rava /coarse rice powder.
- Heat oil in a wide non stick skillet ; when oil is hot enough, add the prawns evenly on the skillet, do not overcrowd.
- Once they are nice and brown on one side, flip and cook the other side till it changes color.
- Squeeze lemon juice on top before serving.
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!