Preparation time : 3 - 4 hours
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Serves : 7-8
Ingredients : For preparing fish
- 1 big fish fillet, preferably pomfret
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 and 1/2 tsp salt
- 7-8 garlic cloves , crushed
- Oil, for frying
Ingredients : For anardana chutney
- 1 cup anardana, soaked overnight. (This product is not easily available in grocery stores in US, but can be purchased online .)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp red whole chili powder
- Salt to taste
- water, half cup
- 1 tsp oil
- Cut and clean the fish thoroughly . Make deep slits on the fish every 2 inches on both the sides .
- Make a mixture of lemon juice, salt and garlic . Marinade the fish by filling in the cavities made by the slits with this mixture.
- Refrigerate and marinate for a minimum of 3-4 hours to blend in flavors.
- For frying the fish ,heat oil in a large non stick skillet. Slide in the fish, fry the fish on medium heat till both the sides become golden brown and get a crispy crust. Keep it aside.
- For preparing the anardana chutney, add anardana, sugar, whole red chili powder in a blender . Add half a cup of water ,blend all the ingredients till you get a smooth texture.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan, add the mixture in the oil ,add salt and keep stirring till you get a thick consistency.
- To serve the fish , place it on a platter and add the chutney on top of the fish.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions.
- This recipe can be a great appetizer for your party.
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!