Preparation Time : 15 to 20 minutes
Cooking time :10 minutes
Serves : 4-5
- 1 lb. tilapia ( you can use any fish of your choice.)
- 2 medium sized, boiled potato
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- 1/2 tbsp scrapper and minced ginger
- 1 medium sized white oinion, very finely chopped
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- Oil, for shallow fry
- Cut the fish in 1" cubes . Fill a steamer pan to the required level with water . To the water add white pepper powder, lemon juice , minced garlic and 3/4 tsp salt . Bring the steamer pan to a boil. Lower the heat to medium. Next place the pieces of fish in the steamer basket and lower the basket into the steamer. Cover and steam till the fish turns opaque and flakes easily. Remove and allow the fish to cool.If you do not have a steamer basket, do this whole process in a normal pan, but m
- Peel the potatoes and mash them very finely in a bowl , add the chopped onions and oregeno and 1/4 tsp salt and knead until properly mixed.
- Divide it into equal portions.
- Now wash and dry your hands and rub them with little oil.
- Take each portion of potato mixture and make a ball.
- Taking one at a time, gently flatten each ball into a round patty of about 1/2-inch thick and place a portion of fish stuffing in the center and fold the edges together very finely so that mixture does not come out.
- Now very gently flatten it into a 2-inch patty. Repeat the procedure for all pieces.
- Heat 1 tsp. oil in a non-stick skillet over a low heat. Slip in the patties, not too many at a time, and shallow-fry on both sides till crisp golden brown. You can add 1 more tsp of oil if required.
- Serve fish tikki hot with tomato ketchup or mint chutney.
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!