Preparation time : 30 minutes
(including preparing the fish and coconut coriander paste)
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Serves : 4-5
- 1 lb. tilapia, cut into 1 " cubes
- 2 cups basmati rice
- whole garam masala (1 cinnamon stick, 1 star anise, 2 cloves, 1 black cardamom)
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup Carrot, 1/4 cup peas, boiled (I have used carrot and peas, you can use any veggies of your choice)
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 green chilies, slit
- a bunch of coriander leaves( almost a handful)
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp oil
- Water, as required
- Wash the fish thoroughly and cut into 1" cubes. Wash the basmati rice properly and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a non stick deep skillet, fry the whole garam masala, add rice and fry again for a minute . Add water , 1/2 tsp salt and cook rice till its fully cooked.
- Fill a steamer pan to the required level with water . To the water add black pepper powder, 1 tbsp lemon juice , 1 tsp ginger and garlic paste and 3/4 tsp salt . Bring the steamer pan to a boil. Lower the heat to medium. Next place the pieces of fish in the steamer basket and lower the basket into the steamer. Cover and steam till the fish turns opaque , do not overcook. Remove and allow the fish to cool.If you do not have a steamer basket, do this whole process in a normal pan, but m
- At the end add the cooked rice, the coconut paste , mix it thoroughly with the veggies and fish. Add 1 tbsp lemon juice, cover and cook on low flame for not more than 2 -3 minutes until all the flavors blend in.
- Serve hot with any side dish of your choice.
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!