Recipe submitted by Sapna Nayak
Preparation Time : 30 minutes
(including marination time)
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Serves : 4
- 1/2 lb. salmon fillet, cut into 2 & 1/2 inch strips lengthwise( leave the skin on one side)
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp lemon juice or tamarind paste
- Salt, to taste
- Oil spray
- Wash and cut the fish in 2 & 1/2" strips lengthwise .
- In a flat bowl , mix all the ingredients except salmon and oil ; Slide in the fish pieces in the marination mix , coat them well ; Keep the fish marinated for 15 to 30 mins in refrigerator.
- Set the oven temp.to 350 degrees.
- Cut several pieces of aluminium foil in 5"-5" squares ; Spray oil on them.
- Place the marinated salmon strips , with skin down on the middle of each foil ; pick 2 opposite sides of the foil and fold them three times creating a nice little pocket ; Repeat the procedure with the other two sides. Make sure to leave enough space to allow the fish cook in its own steam.
- Once the oven is preheated, place them evenly on a oven safe baking dish, cook for 15 minutes.
- Switch off the oven and let it rest for another 2-3 minutes to blend in the flavors. Be careful of the hot steam while unwrapping the pockets.
- Serve hot with rice and any side dish of your choice.
Like our Recipes? Subscribe via Email to get the latest Updates!